Old World Craftsmanship. Modern Design Tools.
At JEM Woodworking, we use the highest quality materials and the finest workmanship to build the best cabinetry for our clients. We integrate old world craftsmanship with modern design tools to create full custom cabinetry of exceptional quality and value.
The first generation at JEM was trained at two renowned furniture designers and manufacturers in the U.K., Smallbone and Christopher Peacock. The attributes of fine quality, elegant design and attention to detail that they honed there have been painstakingly preserved throughout our history. Now in our second generation, JEM’s stellar reputation continues to bring new clients from New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and throughout the Eastern U.S.
JEM president, Neil Schnelwar, is passionate about woodworking and is engaged in every aspect of the business, from sales to installation. His deep personal connection to the company ensures that JEM will continue to design, build, and install our custom cabinetry with the utmost care and attention to detail.
Investing in custom cabinetry, and in your kitchen in particular, is one of the most important decisions you can make regarding your home. It is a formidable process, and if you have the right partner, it can also be exciting, creative, and enjoyable. Our unique size, experience and professional staff make us uniquely qualified to guide you through the process of creating and realizing your dreams.
Typical industry upgrades are standard to JEM Woodworking.
What Makes A JEM Carcasses So Strong and Beautiful?
- 3⁄4” wood-ply cabinet boxes with 1⁄2” wood ply rabbited backs
- 3⁄4” wood ply top (no stretchers – full 3⁄4” wood ply tops)
- Stainless steel sink base bottoms
Why Are Our Cabinet Drawers Better?
- Full extension blum-motion glides with soft-close
- Dovetail 1⁄2”- 5/8 ” thickness standard
- Custom hardwood cutlery dividers
What Makes JEM Hardware and Interiors Superior
- True divided light on all glass
- Polished chrome magnetic catches
- Protective stainless steel strips on dishwasher and trash
- Full mortised, hand-forged hinges on doors
- Industry-leading, German-engineered Hafele interiors
- Learn more about our JEM hardware by visiting our hardware page
How Are JEM Cabinets Constructed?
- All elements are hand-made on site at JEM
- All doors 1”- 1 1/8” thickness
- Fully custom, seamless runs up to 96”
- All cabinetry made with Scribe to account for any irregularities in your space
- All end panels mitered for a seamless appearance
If you love what you see here, or what you have seen in the homes of your friends who have chosen JEM, please contact us today. Phone 518-828-5361 or .